Monday, May 12, 2008

Riding the Waves

Last night watching Iron man was awesome! I can say it was one of the best superhero movie I've seen since Batman Begins! The movie did very well building up the character. We started off hating the character for his ego and arrogant-ness of a rich billionaire playboy... (well some of us that is heh... for those who knows him from the comics, we'll always love him! ). At the end of the movie you'll see him differently and even almost cheer him. The effects were so well done that the CG did not look cheesy or unreal! The directors stay true to most part about Iron Man too which please most fans... including me hehe. I found later that the CG was done by ILM (Industrial Lights & Magic), one of the world's best in the field of special effects and CG! The company that was formed long ago by George Lucas to do the special effects for Star Wars. Iron Man movie also has a score of good soundtracks and I guessed it was because at the ending credits of the movie I saw the name Hans Zimmer. At long last too finally I get to see Nick Fury! Acted by Samuel L. Jackson! Its like watching the Ultimate Nick Fury come alive! Was so worth it! Some of you might be asking 'where where? I did not see Samuel L Jackson'. Well unfortunately so did many of my friends. You only see this part at the very very end of the movie after all the credits! Yes, when the movie ended, I sat and waited for 15 mins of credits to see the 'hidden' ending! It was worth it! Anyways I found out this wont be the last we see Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark this year, he will be making a cameo as Tony Stark in the upcoming Incredible Hulk movie! They should put Nick Fury in all of them bleh.

Today was pretty busy in the office. I managed to stray from my work and surf the web a bit and went to Wikipedia, did a wiki on Uwe Boll. Yup! the infamous games-to-movie director! Everytime you watch a movie with his company logo appearing should be like a bio hazard warning to stay away! I just don't see why this guy is still making movies! Doesn't he know he just plainly suck?!?! He approach Blizzard and asked them to buy the rights to make Warcraft's movie to which they replied - "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you... especially not to you". WTF is wrong with UWE BOLL?!?!? As if Blizzard will sell the rights ever to him! Everyone should boycott him making any more games' movie adaptation! I found a website where everyone is petitioning for him to stop making movies. The Guardian newspaper ran an article claiming Boll had promised to retire if an online petition at petitiononline.com asking him to do so received 1,000,000 signatures. I've signed so must you! Everyone in the whole world must sign it! End the horror of Uwe Boll! I've decided to add the link to it on this blog site of mine. Anyways, even if you don't feel like signing it, you should go there and read the comments left by petitioners. Its just so fucking funny! Pretty entertaining too!

No comments: