Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ignorance is Stupidity

Today my balls almost dropped while trying to get my junior designer to get his work done. It's been one hell to another. It seems like kid is just incapable of doing anything. His background is he's fresh graduate, studied 3 years at the some sort of institute called New Era College. I asked quite a few of my designer friends and no ONE ever heard of it! ( www.newera.edu.my/ ). To put everything flat and to the point, HE JUST SUX at designing! He has near zero creativity. Most of his artworks are just monotonously round or square. He claims using Adobe CS3 versions of the software will be much easier cos' thats what he uses at home. Ok... fine... I gave him the installer and had him installed the latest CS3 Photoshop and Illustrator. Unfortunately for me, all that was just a load of crap. Even after 3 years studying in art school, he's only familiar with less than 30% of the software's function. He doesn't even use the 'Pen' tool in Illustrator!!!! WTF!!! 'PEN' tool in Adobe Illustrator is the core tool of it! ITS THE REASON WHY PEOPLE USE ILLUSTRATOR!! Ask why he doesn't use the 'Pen' tool that much, he tells me 'because it's hard to use...'. My balls nearly dropped on the floor. WHAT KIND OF FUCKING DESIGNER ARE YOU THAT DON'T USE THE 'PEN' TOOL?!?! It's like the the tool you'd spend 90% of the time using! He doesn't even know how to use the basic stuff like 'gradient'! And gawd... his English is like that of a 12 year old! He's pronunciation and grammar is soooooooooo (with extra ketchup) POOR! How the fuck does he thinks he going to get through this horrible city with skills like that??

I think I'm gona grow lots of white hair soon... There's just too many incompetent people around lately.

Something for Young Junior Fresh Grad Designers Out There!

No comments: