Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fight the Future

Today as I procrastinated and went to one of the local university's website. And lo-behold, I was stupefied when I saw it. The webby I went to was www.utm.my, the website for Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Here we are a university which focuses itself on technology, plus on the front page of the website, it boast "Malaysia's Primier University of Engineering and Technology"! But on the background of that first page is among other random things, an old mouse! The kind we used back when we had Windows 3.1! The website must have not change since the dinosaur era or something! I mean how are you going to project an image of an excellent school of technology when you don't even show it? It already shows how much good this college is. I guess being half finance by the government or fully, (godknows...) tend to have this happen. Either that or the board of directors never bother to go to the website.... or they're just very old :P

Today my junior designer asked, " what does it mean when it is writen Johor Darul Ta'zim? Is it the Johor state or something?" My heart skipped a beat. And what more, the kid's from Johor!!! WTF?!?! You're from Johor and you don't even know thats the full name of Johor state??? I am dumbfounded. How ignorant can you get??!?! I was so tempted to ask, 'do you know KL stands for Kuala Lumpur?'

I am shellshocked... Imma take a rest :P

No comments: