Sunday, May 11, 2008

Event Horizon


Today I was almost late in reaching my office, which... starts work at 10 am :P Unfortunately for me, I spend the night watching The Man. A movie with Samuel L. Jackson in it. Its totally hilarious! The other dude everyone knows him from American Pie. Its like Samuel L. Jackson doing the same thing on Die Hard 3 but this time he gets to be the bad ass cop!

Anyways... back on the road. After watching the movie it was around 5 am and thats about what time I slept hehe. A good movie can do that to a man. This morning I woke up miraculously at 9.30am! 30 minutes to spare. I took my showers and rush down to take a cab. Managed to reached the office 6 minutes before 10 am! On the way to office, the cab driver and I had an interesting conversation. He started off by saying why is it our government's law enforcement is so inefficient( I immediately liked the guy). I at first nod at what he had to say. He was telling me how compare to the Law Enforcements agency in overseas (and by 'law enforcements agency' i do mean the police, inspectors and most of all anti-corruption agency), our country's police and agencies are always being tied up to politics. To take action against a case or someone big shot will always end up being political whereas in overseas, police officers, detectives, agents would constantly investigate and find proofs that their own respective agency can use against certain parties, or basically anyone they think is dirty. I was sort of agreeing with the guy, don't really know if overseas agencies are really that efficient heh. But the main point was that, this guy is obviously unhappy with our country's police force or law enforcing agencies. This is not the first time I hear this. There are countless people who have express their disappointment with our police force. Whether if it is corruption or lack of initiatives taken by them, it is clear that they have or are losing the people's trust. I am not going to say much about it, but I will say, in order to chance, it all has to start from the ones above. If the top change, the lower ranks will follow in example. When I say the top, I do not mean just the head of police or director of the agency, I mean people who are leading our country.
Reading The Star today, looks like Lingam is going to be a scape goat. According to the paper's source, "confidence in the judiciary and the integrity of the Anti-Corruption Agency would be affected if no action were taken." Is this fear I smell? Is this some sort of act to woo us back? In right the government should always be in fear of the people! Just as it is spoken in the movie V for Vendetta, " the people should never have to fear the government, but the government should fear the people." In a way this is so true. The people elect you to be their voice and not their tormentor.

Looks like Air Asia came through with their promise to 'head butt' with MAS (Malaysian Airlines) on 'who-has-the-cheapest-fair' promotion. It seems these bitter brothers will forever try to outwit each other in the business. Why can't they just work tog
ether? Can't they just play nice and get along? Don't they know all this is making them look bad on the papers especially MAS, an elegant international carrier that prides with their service and dare I say, hot air stewardess. Datuk Tony Fernandes said that the Air Asia's latest promotion to counter MAS' latest zero cost promotion means that the airline (Air Asia) knows what travellers want. Erm... honestly, I don't know about anybody else but, I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR HAVING MY LUGGAGE CHECKED INTO THE PLANE! NOR DO I WANT TO PAY EXTREMELY INFLATED PRICES FOR A SIMPLE MINERAL WATER OR SANDWICH ON THE PLANE! Honestly like my friend said, here is one side, MAS offering zero fare tickets, travellers only need to pay for fuel and airport tax. While on the other side, Air Asia has their latest 'sub zero' promotion, having same as MAS, travellers only need to pay for fuel and airport tax. A little extra is that they will give a RM 5 discount on fuel surcharge. Honestly, if you were to think about it, even though there is an RM 5 discount for Air Asia's package, WHO THE FUCK CARES?? This being because if we just pay a little more for MAS tickets, we can enjoy luxurious seats, service and my favourite, we DON'T NEED TO PAY FOR OUR FOOD! Honestly, if we were to pay for the same amount of good food we get when we fly with Air Asia, the ticket price is probably going to be the same or higher. Oh well on the good side, due to this open battle between these two airlines, we get at least 3 million plus seats of zero fare this year! WTF are you waiting for??? Book now!

Anyways... gotta end here now. Work in office needs to be done. Tonight gona go watch Ironman finally! Can't wait to see 'Nigga' Fury! You asked why I called this character Nigga Fury? Well originally in Marvel comics Nick Fury was WHITE DUDE! Then when they came out with a reboot in the marvel universe under the name Ultimate (Ultimate X-men, Ultimate Spider-man, etc...) they decided to change Nick Fury to a black African American. Reason? He looks cooler as a black dude... and I agree! Plus, when they created him for the Ultimate universe, Nick Fury was modeled after actor Samuel L. Jackson! So! as you can see, they've actually got Samuel L. Jackson to play the cameo part! Yep... I get excited easily over small things... :D

No comments: