Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dying is the final Adventure

Today is another boring Saturday. Public holiday and our King's birthday. I spent part of afternoon watching The Mist. Its a movie directed by the director of Shawshank Redemption & Green Mile. The story as you can guess by now, is by Stephen King.

The Mist left me shell shocked! Its fucked up... in a good way. A movie that is supposed to be of a supernatural horror that seemed to show us that the most horrifying thing is not the monsters but us humans. This is I guess among the few Stephen King stories I liked. Together like The Stand, it shows how we humans can be far worst than all the monters or zombies you can ever put together.
The things we do, the things we can or will not do seems to show how much we don't realize the darker side we all have.

Anyways The movie was very good in my opinion. The ending will leave you shocked and mouth opened. If you get the chance, you've gotta read it. It has murder, prejudice, agonizing death, insanity, mob rule and human sacrifice... and thats only from the humans. Then there is the monsters too.

Today as I was ready news from The Star's online homepage, there was a news that caught my eye. A man from Consumers Association of Penang (CAP) president S.M. Mohamed Idris said that a recent test by CAP on 18 samples of bak chang bought in markets in Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh found boric acid in all of them. He's trying to urge to restrict people from buying bak chang. WTF??? The dude is a Malay and a Muslim who has never tasted bak chang, and you're telling us to stop eating them just because you've found it contained a small amount of boric asid??? Who am I going to listen to? My self? My culture? My tradition? The years going back centuries? Or to a man like him who's forbid to eat PORK? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Malays are bad or Muslims are bad... but really... wtf?

What if we tell them the ketumpat they make also contains boric asid. How does that feel? How are you going to react?

No comments: